Note regarding COVID-19 contingence: your contributions will be thoroughly evaluated by our track committees, and all accepted contributions will be published by ACM. Some delays may occur with the editing of the formal proceedings, but we will handle the situation accordingly. While SPLC 2020 is still more than 6 months away, the organization team is ready to handle the different scenarios that might apply in mid-October (e.g. presence and/or virtual conference). As the situation evolves, you will be informed in due course on any decisions taken through our different communication channels.
SPLC invites journal-first presentations for papers published recently in high quality software engineering journals. The goal is to offer the authors an opportunity to interact directly with the community and offer the SPLC attendees a richer program and opportunities. The journal-first manuscripts are published through the journals and a one-page summary will appear in the SPLC proceedings with a pointer to the journal publication.
A journal-first presentation submitted to SPLC 2020 must adhere to the following criteria:
- The paper is available at the publisher web site in the time frame of May 2018 to April 2020.
- The paper is clearly in the scope of the conference, , as defined in the call for SPLC 2020 research papers.
- The paper reports completely new research results or presents novel contributions that significantly extend and were not previously reported in prior work.
- The paper does not extend prior work solely with additional proofs or algorithms (or other such details presented for completeness), additional empirical results, or minor enhancements or variants of the results presented in the prior work.
- The paper has not been presented at, and is not under consideration for, journal-first programs of other similar conferences.
How to Submit
Authors of manuscripts that respect these criteria are invited to submit a one-page presentation proposal consisting of the paper title, authors, an extended abstract and a pointer to the original journal paper.
Easychair Submission Link: submit here.
Proposals will be selected according to the quality of the publication and journal after checking that the paper is in scope to the conference. As the papers have been already reviewed and accepted by the journals, they will not be reviewed again for technical content. Our plan is to include in the journal first program as many papers as possible; only in case an exceptionally high number of proposals is received, not all submissions might be selected. If needed, presentation proposals will be prioritized according to fit to the conference theme and structure of sessions.
IMPORTANT DATES (AOE TIME)
We extended the deadlines due to COVID-19, the new deadlines are firm:
June 5th, 2020July 3rd, 2020
- Notification for invitation:
July 3rd, 2020July 31st, 2020
- Camera ready summary papers:
July 17th, 2020August 21st, 2020
At least one author of each presentation accepted for the journal-first program must register and attend the conference to present the paper.