SPLC 2020 is an excellent opportunity for students to meet and talk with leading academic or industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of systems and software product lines. Being a student volunteer is also an excellent way of meeting other students from all over the world and to offset some of the costs of the conference. Our student volunteers are critical in ensuring that the conference runs smoothly, and SPLC would not be possible without their enthusiastic contribution each year.
This exclusive experience is available to undergraduate and graduate students from all over the world who are enthusiastic and willing to contribute to make SPLC 2020 a unique experience for all attendees.
- Free registration to the main conference
- Free admission to tutorials (space permitting)
- Tickets for lunches during the main conference, as well as for the SPLC 2020 social dinner and reception.
- Free SPLC 2020 T-shirt, and other benefits
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Must be enrolled in a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference. They have to be fluent in English and have good social and communication skills.
- Expected to be present during the entire conference from October 18th to 23rd, 2020 and to work approximately 12 hours during the conference week. Some student volunteers will also be needed the day before the conference starts for preparation work (Sunday, September 8th). You will be requested to specify in the application form the days you are available (we will take this information into account during selection). Not all volunteers will be required during the full time.
- Help at the registration desk (e.g., setting up, preparing conference bags, checking badges, and helping attendees register), assist with sessions, panels and posters, provide directions, help with traffic flow, and provide general assistance to keep the conference running smoothly.
- To apply for a student volunteer position, you need to complete and submit the online application form: https://goo.gl/forms/HSKXlntMUrliZ8fr1
- – Application: TBD
- – Notification: TBD
- – Student confirmation: TBD
For additional information or clarification, please contact the Student Volunteers Chair, Seide Reyhane Kamali at firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line “SPLC2020SV <Student Name>”).